Fethiye is one of the most famous tourist hot spots on the Turkish Riviera. With a backdrop of green mountains and bright blue seas, this area is popular with expats and foreign investors. When it comes to property for sale in Fethiye, both the town and the region of the same name have a host of gorgeous properties to offer.
What Kinds of Properties are Available in Fethiye?
The type of property for sale in Fethiye ranges from small apartments to luxurious villas. The centre and marina area of the city has plenty of affordable apartments. These are close to many bars, restaurants and shops. You’ll find stunning beachside villas in Oludeniz and remote properties in the mountains around Uzumlu.
Properties like these make an excellent investment, as they are easy to rent out thanks to the steady stream of holidaymakers. They are suitable as holiday or full time homes for those wanting to enjoy everything the region has to offer. This thriving tourist region is full of history, culture and beautiful nature. In addition to this, it has a lively dining, nightlife and shopping scene.
The most popular regions for property owners include:
- Fethiye city centre with its many bars, restaurants and shops
- Calis Beach, a seaside resort
- Oludeniz, a popular tourist beach
- Uzumlu, a remote mountain resort
- Faralya, a quiet but more expensive district
Why Buy a Property in Fethiye?
Fethiye is an excellent choice for property investors for many reasons. When looking at property for sale in Fethiye, you’ll find a range of locations, property styles and budgets. So you’re sure to find something that suits your needs.
Here are some key reasons why you should consider buying a property in Fethiye:
- Convenience: Fethiye is easy to access thanks to the nearby Dalaman Airport and D400 highway. This makes it one of the major hubs on the Turkish Riviera, a popular destination for expats and holidaymakers alike. Whether you are living in Fethiye or visiting your property from time to time, you are able to easily come and go.
- Attractions: The town has a world-class marina that is famous for being one of the best in Turkey. Actually, it brings in yachts from all over the world, making this a top tourist destination. To say nothing of the beautiful beaches, stunning nature and cool nightlife.
- Fantastic weather: This region is known for its pleasant weather all of the year. If you’re sick of wet days you’ll love the sunny and warm weather. This climate is perfect for a healthy, outdoor lifestyle. Get ready for plenty of barbeques!
- Value for money: Property for sale in Fethiye is generally very affordable. Prices are much lower than similar properties in the UK, Spain or Italy. Also, the market lends itself to an excellent return on your investment. Experts tell us that real estate is a great long-term investment. What is more, with Fethiye continuing to increase in popularity prices are likely to rise in the future.
- Low cost of living: Not only are properties comparatively low in cost in Fethiye, but the cost of living is also affordable. The running costs for a property here are much lower than in the UK. In addition to this, renovations are much cheaper, so you’ll have more money to spend on enjoying life!
- Lots of options: The Fethiye region contains diverse districts and a range of different properties. Whatever you’re looking for, you’re sure to find something to suit your tastes. Properties range from luxury villas to family homes and city apartments.
- Amazing food: There is much more to Turkish food than just kebabs. You’ll enjoy tasty grilled meats, seafood and pastries. Fethiye’s markets are also packed with fresh fruit and vegetables. Say hello to a healthy Mediterranean diet!
- English is common: Living in a country like Turkey is a great cultural experience. Yet, the language barrier can sometimes be an issue and get in the way of your enjoyment. The good news is that many locals speak English in Fethiye thanks to the lively expat community and thriving tourism industry.
Tips for Buying a Property in Fethiye
Buying a property in Turkey is easier than ever. Over the past decade, the government has introduced policies that protect foreign buyers. These mean that you know you will get your title deeds and know that the work will be up to standard. In addition to this, the government stopped military searches. This has made it quicker and less stressful to buy property in Turkey.
Having said that, you need a certain amount of knowledge when buying any property abroad. It is important to do your research to understand the basics of buying a property in Fethiye. This will help you to avoid potential problems. Some people think that Turkey is not a good place to invest because there is a risk of overpaying for the property. However, this really depends on where you buy property. Investing in a region like Fethiye will give you the best chance of getting a good return on your investment.
When buying a property in Fethiye, you need to decide if you want to buy an already-built home or one off the plan. Many developers sell units off-plan. That is, units that are not yet built and will be built in the future. These can offer excellent deals. On the other hand, you may prefer to buy a property that you can see in person. And there are plenty of properties like this in Fethiye. So you don’t have to go for off-plan if you don’t want to. This ultimately comes down to personal choice.
The Fethiye region is a popular hub for tourists and expats alike. The area offers many excellent opportunities for foreign property buyers. There is a diverse range of properties that offer great value for money. Not to mention the region has amazing weather, tasty food and fantastic attractions to enjoy.
It is important to do your research before buying a house or apartment in Fethiye. Be sure to check the local regulations and decide whether to buy off-plan or a ready-built property. Then you’ll be ready to make a great investment and enjoy all that Fethiye has to offer!